Pro Tools is a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) platform developed and manufactured by Digidesign, a division of Avid Technology. It is widely used by professionals throughout the audio industries for recording and editing in music production, film scoring, television and post production.
Pro Tools® 8 is the most advanced audio creation and production software, featuring a gorgeous new interface, dozens of new virtual instruments and plug-ins, exciting new scoring and MIDI features, amazing new workflows, better ease of use and deeper controller integration.
Fundamentally, Pro Tools is similar to a multitrack tape recorder and mixer, with additional features that can only be performed in the digital medium. Our Pro Tools HD system supports sample rates of up to 192 kHz and bit depths of 16 and 24 bit, opens WAV, AIFF, mp3 and SDII audio files and QuickTime video files, and features time code, tempo maps, automation and surround sound capabilities.
Pro Tools|HDFor the ultimate in audio quality and workflow efficiency, more music and post-production professionals use Pro Tools|HD® systems than any other DAW. With superior sound quality, unmatched processing power, Pro Tools HD software, and the flexibility to scale the system to your needs, Pro Tools|HD provides the power to meet any challenge.
Pro Tools|HD systems Features:
- Professional, customizable systems deliver pristine audio clarity, powerful performance (with zero latency), and rock-solid reliability
- Work with up to up to 192 simultaneous audio tracks (256 virtual tracks)
- Compose and mix music with up to 128 simultaneous Instrument tracks
- Fully integrated MIDI sequencing with up to 256 simultaneous MIDI tracks
- Supports up to 192 kHz resolution and up to 160 channels of I/O
- Full hands-on control with an ICON integrated console, C|24™ control surface